Diocese Of Norwich Governance Training Programme
Proud To Be Distinctive
The Diocese of Norwich is pleased to introduce our governor training for all governors of our church schools and academies.
There are five main courses offered by the Diocese looking at all governors roles and responsibilities and concentrating on the distinctiveness of being a governor of a church school/academy.
The courses are:
1. An introduction to church school governance
2. An introduction to monitoring in a church school
3. Adding value through monitoring distinctiveness
4. Distinctively outstanding: becoming outstanding through using distinctiveness
5. Understanding and monitoring British Values in a church school/academy
In addition we will be offering:
6. Being a church school/academy Headteacher and chair of governors
7. Federation governance
All these courses are run in conjunction with the Diocese’s multi academy trust, DNEAT.
The Diocesan Education team also advises and supports our church school governors in Headteacher recruitment, strategic options including federations and changes of status and in converting to academy status.
It is hoped that church school governors will attend all four courses, in order, within a period of 18 months although attendance on just individual courses is also welcome. We are also able to offer these courses as in school/academy/cluster sessions and can come to visit you.
We hope you are as excited as we are about this offer to our governors and we look forward to seeing you.
For further information or advice and support please contact:
Louise Reeves – Education Support Officer
Tel: 01603 882344