Safer Recruitment Practice Guidance 2016 (.pdf / 1027kb)
Key Tasks for the Named Person for Safeguarding (.docx / 176kb)
Safeguarding children in towers (General statement) (.pdf / 337kb)
Adults At Risk (Vulnerable Adults)
Within our churches we are committed to respectful pastoral ministry to all adults and the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people.
Our policy is to:
- Seek to offer pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse
- Carefully select and train those with formal pastoral responsibility initiating DBS Disclosures where appropriate.
- Respond without delay to any complaint made that an adult has been harmed
- Challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust
- Offer ministry to any member of our church community known to have offended against a vulnerable person.
Safe Haven for Vulnerable Adults
The Diocese of Norwich issued the guidelines, called Safe Haven, on the protection of vulnerable adults in November 2007 and Updated these in 2014. You can download it below:
Safe Haven - Vulnerable Adults (.pdf / 705kb)
Safe Haven for Children & Young People
The Diocese of Norwich issued the guidelines, called Safe Haven, on the protection of children and young people originally in 2007 and these have been updated in October 2016.
It is an essential document for:
- Clergy, Readers, Licenced Lay Workers, Named Persons for the protection of children or vulnerable adults.
It should also be held by, or easily available to, anyone whose work involves children, young people or vulnerable adults. This includes:
- Youth & Children's Workers, PCC Secretaries, Pastoral Teams, Choir Leaders, Bell Tower Captains