Exploring your calling and your ministry
Photo Collage from LifeCalling, St Mary's Watton, October 2016
LifeCalling is a day to help you discover what God is calling you to be and do at this stage of your life. It's pefect for anyone wondering about ordination or any other kind of ministry, anyone wondering about changes in their working life, or anyone simply praying about the future or at a crossroads right now.
We use Bible meditations, movie clips, conversation, and different ideas and activities to help you identify God's purpose for your life and what that may mean right now. You'll hear about other people's journeys and get hold of information you need to help. There are loads of resources to take or to borrow and yes - there is such a thing as a free lunch!
LifeCalling is held three times a year in different locations across the diocese. The next dates are:
Saturday 4 March 2017 10am - 4pm
St Edward's Church, Lammas Road, Badersfield NR10 5LG
Saturday 10 June 2017 10am - 4pm
St Andrew's Church, Norwich Road, Scole IP21 4DY
For more details and to book your place, please contact:
Liz Dawes email@example.com 01603 822335
Come on your own or bring some friends ...
Voices from LifeCalling 2016
- Very genuine, engaging, open speakers. Very non-judgemental – I felt able to contribute.
- I appreciated the gentle pace. The topic of vocations is big and the impact on one’s life when following God’s call can be scary.
- Excellent – perfect mix of being led, time to reflect and talk to others & great use of film clips and scripture.
- Really useful balance of looking at self, scripture and what is involved in becoming a reader/priest.
- Very well structured – answered my questions, gave me more to think about than I thought I would.
- The reflections with different people of the Bible was very helpful and has helped me get a better understanding of myself and experience.
- It’s been so wonderful hearing others' experiences and knowing that I’m not alone.
- Everything that I wanted to know was answered…well, the practicalities! It has made me think more about my calling and to be open-minded about where it might lead.